Monday, March 4, 2013

I am Photos

Snow
I remember my dad taking me to Mnt. Lemon to look at the snow. We would make snowballs and throw them to the other side of the bank that we were standing on. The snow was soft and white. It was an exciting trip to see snow in the mountains for the first time. We would suck on the snowballs because it was like a snow cone.

The Wall
Excitement, Fear, Hope, Pride
Exhaustion, What will change,
What will stay the same, Endings,
New beginnings, Joyful and inspired

Migrant Worker
I am strong, migrant traveler

I am dirty scrubs, hard working, hurting and hungry

I am no simple choices, never ending days
endless work

2 comments:

  1. The words you chose to describe the migrant worker are beautiful.

    I like the memories of being in the snow with your dad that you shared--so special.

    Thanks, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Erin,

    Thank you for sharing your memories of ascending Mt. Lemon with your dad. I remember going up to Mt. Lemon a long time ago with your mom when Jonathan was a baby. It was so hot in Tucson, but as we ascended the mountain, it got colder and colder. We bundled up Jonathan in a snowsuit and blankets, but he cried and cried. Poor baby, probably experiencing cold for the first time!

    Your ascent with your father occurred when you were older, but was no less foreign, as it rarely snows in Tucson. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. What a nice memory, and thanks again for sharing!

    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete