Blessings .... we may not know what blessings are exactly, but we can all agree they are a great thing to be given on a daily basis. I would like to share some of the blessings that I have given to my friends and family.
My Mom always tells me that the way I help and influence people, I am always touching their lives and inspiring them to do things they never thought they could do or would never have thought of before. When I think about this, it does make sense to me because I always try to help people find their inner strength and voice to help them feel confident in themselves, and to also realize when the odds are against them, to always be strong, never given without a fight.
For example, when I was young, my mom and dad and I went to a special hospital to look at some medical results reflecting my neck and back to see what they looked like though an MRI point of view. My mom and dad were the only ones that saw the pictures while I waited outside the room. And believe me, it wasn't pleasant waiting for the final news. When my parents finally came out of the room, the expressions on their faces were like nothing I had ever seen before. My Mom told me that the pictures showed my spine, at C1 in my neck area was being compressed, cutting the blood flow to a minimum. I broke out in tears finding out this information, especially being told that I could not walk anymore for my safety. However, this did not stop me from staying on the positive side. True, I became wheel chair bound, but that did not mean I couldn't do exciting things with my friends and my family no matter how difficult it was. Knowing this, I realized I have touched so many people's lives by showing them that even a young girl, whose spine is being compressed, can still function and move about like any other average human.
Hi Sweet Pea!
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing about your life experience. It is true you inspire so many people. This blog entry inspired me tonight. I was feeling a little blue about my paper I am writing for school but when I read this you reminded me to stay positive. I am proud of you. You are courageous and kind. I cannot wait to read more. Keep it coming little love.
Love – “Aunt” Brittany
Aunt Brittany,
DeleteThank you so much for your comment. I am so glad that my blog is helping you and that it is very inspring as well.
Feel free to comment on my blog whenever you like.
Your niece,
Erin
I like how your aunt calls you "little love." Very sweet. And I agree with her comments. Your outlook is inspiring and you radiate love for your family and friends. Thanks for sharing this with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone so much for these words of encouragement it makes me feel good knowing that I have inspired people when I least excpect it. Knowing this I hope I can continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteThanks again,
Erin