I don't speak another language, but if I could I would like to speak Japanese. Alot of shows that I like to watch are from Japan but are not always completely dubbed in English. To learn Japanese I would use Rosetta Stone in order to speak the language properly in the right format. I wouldn't feel comfortable living in Japan to learn how to speak their language because I would get nervous of making a mistake. I wouldn't want to address someone if I didn't know how to address them in a mature manner.
I've heard that most people are appreciative when Americans at least make an effort to speak the language when visiting their country, even if they make mistakes. I bet you'd learn a language very quickly if you were immersed in it every day. I think knowing Spanish would come in handy. I took several classes when I was in high school and college but only remember basic vocabulary now.
ReplyDeleteLearning Japanese would be very cool! Last semester, there was a new girl in my dorm that was from China. She began teaching me Chinese which was so cool. But, I didn't make it very far. People are not kidding when they say that Chinese is extemeley difficult to learn!
ReplyDelete